No matter what kind of car you drive, an oil change is an essential service you need to get. It is also the most frequent service that your vehicle receives. It is typically required every 3-6 months or 5000 miles, but these numbers can vary depending on your car. Your vehicle's owner's manual is the best resource to understand your oil changes.
You might be wondering why engine oil is so important anyway. To start, engine oil, or motor oil, has the utmost importance of keeping your engine parts lubricated and clean. However, it tends to wear down faster than the other fluids inside your vehicle. If you are due for an oil change soon, please do not put it off! Skipping an oil change has terrible consequences. Here are some of the reasons:
- Ignoring an oil change can lead to severe engine damage (and engine overheating), which can be expensive to repair.
- Running on old or poor-quality motor oil can lead to lower fuel efficiency.
- Skipping an oil change can void your warranty with the manufacturer.
- A poorly maintained vehicle equates to a decrease in your vehicle's resale value.
- Any damages to your engine can cause an overall reduction in vehicle performance and a rough running engine.
Overall, when considering both the monetary and time cost of an oil change versus engine repair, oil changes are a no-brainer. You'll save yourself so much money by avoiding major engine problems, and your vehicle will run at its optimal efficiency. If you're due for an oil change, please give our expert team at Old School Automotive a call or visit today!